Use to grow delicious Chinese bean sprouts or as a short sprout. Should be grown in the dark to prevent bitterness.
- Grow mung bean sprouts in the dark – light causes bitterness.
- Soak – Put 3 – 5 Tbsp seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh + secure with a rubber band. Add water, swirl + drain. Add 1 cup warm (30C) water & soak for 6 – 8 hrs. Drain.
- Rinse – 2 to 4 times a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl + drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a bowl or sink. Mung bean sprouts do b/best with lots of rinsing – 3 to 4 times a day if possible.
- Enjoy – Ready to eat in 2 to 5 days. Refrigerate to store.
Use the tray method to grow tall straight Chinese bean sprouts. Grow mung bean sprouts in the dark – light causes bitterness.
- SOAK – Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of warm water and soak for 6 to 8 hours. (Alternatively, once you’ve measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with warm water, and soak for 6 to 8 hours.) Drain well.
- RINSE – 2-4 times a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well. Mung bean sprouts do b/best with lots of rinsing – 3 to 4 times a day if possible.
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 4-6 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store b/best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.